Ohio does not:
• Require a license for the sale of ammunition;
• Require sellers of ammunition to maintain a record of the purchasers;
• Prohibit persons who are ineligible to possess firearms under state law from possessing ammunition, although the federal ammunition purchaser prohibitions apply;
• Prohibit armor-piercing ammunition, although the federal prohibition on certain kinds of armor-piercing ammunition applies; or
• Otherwise regulate ammunition.
See our Ammunition Regulation policy summary for a comprehensive discussion of this issue.