Nevada criminalizes the straw purchase of a firearm by making it a felony to:
- Sell , transfer or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to another person, or
- Purchase a firearm on behalf of another person with the intent to transfer the firearm to that person,
if he or she has reasonable cause to believe that the other person is
- Under indictment for, or has been convicted of, a felony in this or any other state;
- Prohibited from possessing a firearm; or
- Is a known member of a criminal gang.1
Nevada has no other laws aimed at firearms trafficking.
See our Firearms Trafficking policy summary for a comprehensive discussion of this issue.
- Nev. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 202.362. ⤴︎