Nebraska does not:
- Require a license for the sale of ammunition;
- Require a license to purchase or possess ammunition;
- Require sellers of ammunition to maintain a record of the purchasers;
- Prohibit persons who are ineligible to possess firearms under state law from possessing ammunition, although federal ammunition purchaser prohibitions apply; or
- Prohibit armor-piercing and other unreasonably dangerous ammunition, although federal prohibition on certain kinds of armor-piercing ammunition applies.
See our Ammunition Regulation policy summary for a comprehensive discussion of this issue.